Ajna Chakra—the 6th Chakra
Ajna Chakra, the 6th Chakra, also known as the Third Eye, is located in the head at the pineal gland. We associate Agni Chakra with the zodiac signs Cancer and Leo, the color indigo and the mantra AUM.
The pineal gland’s role, through its communication with the reticular activating system (RAS), is to help regulate the rest and waking cycles.
- The pineal gland produces melatonin to help the thalamus shut down and bring sleep.
- It also produces serotonin to bring the thalamus back on line.
- Another of its roles is to bring wakefulness and DMT (a neurotransmitter) to activate dream images.
Consequently, healing for this organ and the energy channels between the RAS and the pineal is particularly helpful for people suffering from sleep anomalies.
- See my free offering “Heavenly Sleep” for exercises to support pineal gland health.
- Sun gazing is also an excellent way to nourish the pineal gland.
Experiencing various states of consciousness
There is a point of balance in the pineal which allows the conscious mind to experience none or all of the states of waking, dreaming and sleeping. The pineal gland can be compared to a switch which allows us to experience various states of consciousness, including all and none of these three major states.
The experience of the gap between states of consciousness is known as transcending the activity of the mind. It is a state of deep mental rest and has the corresponding measurable effect of rest on the body.
Pure consciousness, experienced in the gap between the states of waking, dreaming and sleeping consciousness, takes on the quality of awareness when present in Ajna Chakra. This is why most of the senses of perception are also located in this part of the body.
From the Perspective of Energy Healing
Ajna Chakra is the location where we access our inner potential to know and access any information. Downloads from our Divine wisdom come in through the crown of the head and are processed by Ajna chakra.
Ajna Chakra’s main job is to decode the download and format it in terms of subtle sensory impressions. Therefore, the conscious mind can make the connection between Divinity and individuality.
Please see the entry The Pineal Gland—Creating the Perfect State of Being for a deeper understanding of the cognition process that begins in the Crown Chakra, lights up Ajna Chakra, or the Third Eye, and finally results in a self-referral State of Being that activates the healing process.
Chakra Workshops and Healing
1. Activating the Third Eye
2. Activating the Pineal Gland
3. Offered below is a Healing to Balance the Crown and Root Chakras:
- Balancing and healing for crown and root chakras.
- Kundalini and grace.
- Increased discernment.
- Body devas going back to their roots.