Tips for those desiring a wonderfully restful sleep—falling asleep faster, sleeping deeply and rejuvenating profoundly at night)
The heavenly sleep that comes from a healthy rest is one of the four pillars of life. (The other three are a good diet, appropriate exercise and activity dedicated to the well-being of oneself and others.) If you align yourself with even one of these pillars, it will reflect favorably on all the others.
Since we spend a third of our life sleeping, it makes sense to ensure that this sleep time is spent wisely. Here are some practical tips for healthy sleep habits that will help you get the most out of your night’s sleep.
1. Want a Heavenly Sleep? Begin by Commanding Your Body’s Natural Rhythms
Before the days of electricity, it was common to retire and rise with the sun. Few people today still do this, however, our bodies have not forgotten their eternal connection with the natural world. Our circadian rhythms are naturally attuned with the cycles of day and night. If we honor this natural attunement by aligning our sleep patterns with our circadian rhythms, we can do a lot to correct sleep disorders and gain maximum benefit from our night’s sleep.
To set ourselves up for a quality sleep, It is good to aim at a 9:30 p.m. bedtime and plan to be asleep by 9:45 p.m. The ancient natural health system known as Ayurveda recognizes the presence of energy activation in the body from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. which is responsible for healing and rejuvenating the body. If we are in sleep state by 9:45 p.m., then our body will recover from the day’s stresses with maximum efficiency.
2. Discover the Magic of Magnesium
Another way we can promote heavenly sleep is in using supplements wisely. Magnesium is a wonderful supplement for supporting the nervous, circulatory and skeletal systems. It also aids in the absorption of calcium. Healthy assimilation of calcium and magnesium helps to ensure that we get deep rest and provide a restful sleep.
There are many great ways to get enough calcium and magnesium to bring on the sleep of a baby. One is to drink a small cup of warm milk before bed. If the milk is brought to a boil and then cooled, it will be easily digested and provide the nutrients to support deep sleep. Try adding a little nutmeg for added effect.
Another great way to settle down is to soak in a bath of Magnesium Bath Crystals. The crystals distributed by Health and Wisdom produce a dramatic boost in the quality of a night’s sleep. Soak for at least 15 minutes before bed. If you don’t have time for a bath, soaking only the feet is also highly effective.
3. Work With Your Pineal Gland!
The pineal gland produces a hormone called Melatonin. Melatonin signals the brain to shut down in preparation for sleep. Activating the pineal gland will speed the onset of sleep at bedtime, and well as in the night if you awaken prematurely.
Steps to activate your pineal gland to make melatonin:
- As you lie in bed with the eyes closed, gently allow the attention to focus on the pineal gland. This organ is located in the center of the skull, laterally, about three inches behind the forehead. If you can’t find your pineal gland with your inner feeling, just attend to the general area.
- Feel your love and gratitude for this precious organ which allows your brain to rest during sleep. Really appreciate it with sincerity. With intention, direct these feelings to the pineal gland or the pineal gland area.
- Offer the suggestion to your pineal gland that a sufficient quantity of melatonin be produced to bring the brain into a state of deep sleep. Remain openly receptive with gratitude and love.
- Sometimes impressions can come which indicate the reason why sleep has not been as good as possible. Perhaps worries of the day or strain in activity are blocking the ability to relax. Just let the attention gently validate these impressions. This will help override their effects and allow the brain to continue moving in the direction of sleep.
- Repeat these steps as necessary.
Remember: expectations, judgments and attachments can hamper the effectiveness of this process. So practice gently, without expectation. Being easy on yourself brings the best success in creating heavenly sleep.
Learn more about the Pineal Gland as the Organ of Spiritual Insight.
4. Position is Everything—Head to the East is Best
Aligning your body position to beneficially maximize the relationship between the Earth, Sun and yourself will support rejuvenation during sleep. (In ancient times bodies were buried with the head to the North because they decay faster this way.)
So, for maximum rejuvenation the advice is for you to orient your head to the East. When the sun is rising in the East it brings a light, fresh, life-nourishing energy to the Earth. This energy will permeate your body during sleep as well if you orient the head in this direction. If East is not an option in your room, try South as second best.
5. Resting and Digesting
You will always sleep more easily when your body is not trying to digest a heavy meal. Therefore, it is advised to take the last meal of the day several hours prior to bedtime. An early evening meal will ensure plenty of energy for the evening’s activities. And by bed time, sufficient physical energy will be available to you for the healing and rejuvenation of a great night’s sleep.
6. And if You Awaken in the Night
If you happen to awaken during the night, allow awareness to scan the body. Feel the energies in the body in addition to its physicality. Almost certainly you will notice a place where the energy is stuck or vibrating at a low frequency. Gently attending to this area will soften the energy and reestablish flow. Once this has happened, sleep will resume without effort. If it doesn’t, there is likely to be another area which requires attention. Repeat as necessary. If you experience fatigue in the morning, even after a good sleep, please refer to this article.
My Heart-felt Wish for You
May you enjoy deep, heavenly sleep every night and bright, brilliant energy every day. For further support for a healthy lifestyle, please visit distanceenergywork.com
Healing for Better Sleep
(Estimated viewing time: 11:29 minutes)
(Estimated viewing time: 7:57 minutes)
Distance Energy Healing for Better Sleep
(Estimated viewing time: 16:58 minutes)
Check out Dorothy’s YouTube Channel for more free energy healing videos.
If you would like assistance with healing, click on Energy Healing Services for more information.