The Mental Body—Focusing on One of the More Manifest Levels of the Physiology to Create a Healthy Being
We normally think of our body as our physical body. But actually, every individual ranges from both the physical, most manifest level of the body all the way to the finest level of creation. All the way to the celestial level just at the edge of unmanifest.
This range of expression of the self is a smooth continuum. We divide this continuum into layers:
- the four more manifest layers of the physiology and
- the four subtler layers of the physiology
Within this entire continuum is the mental body, which is found as the third of four more manifest levels of the physiology:
- the physical body
- the etheric body
- the mental body (our topic here) and
- the emotional body
What’s more is that the mental body itself has four layers. These four layers feed into one another. For instance, the neural networks of the gut and heart can be considered part of the subconscious mind or the unconscious mind, depending upon how much awakened awareness is present in these parts of the body. Ultimately, the unconscious level of mind merges with the aura and eventually feeds into the astral body:
- The Conscious Mind – associated with the brain. This is the where we experience awareness expressed as thought and other mental processes. So much is known about the conscious mind. When Transcendental awareness stabilizes at this level of the mental body, one experiences Cosmic Consciousness.
- The Subconscious Mind – associated with the spinal column. Subconscious mind forms the foundations of thoughts and feelings, by archiving mental patterns, and connections to beliefs. Possibly the most important function (in my opinion) of the subconscious mind is to filter out that which is deemed unnecessary to the conscious mind. Our ability to focus attention is controlled at the subconscious level of the mind. When Transcendental awareness stabilizes at this level of the mental body, one experiences God Consciousness.
- The Unconscious Mind – associated with the extended nervous system. This area is very close to the astral level of the body. It is the area where we translate between collective experience and individual experience. One of the most important aspects of unconscious mind is to stabilize and implement the scaffolding of overarching understandings about the nature of reality. If a person is fully realized, or awake, then awareness fills even this area of the mental body. I am only using the word ‘unconscious mind’ due to its familiarity to most readers. When Transcendental awareness stabilizes at this level of the mental body, one experiences Unity Consciousness.
- The Avenue of Awareness – associated with senses of perception. This term represents the aspect of consciousness which moves awareness from the inner regions of self to the material world and returns. It is a functional aspect of consciousness which is the most filtered of all these four levels of the mental body. Transcendental awareness at this level, promotes refinement of perception. When this experience is stabilized along with the other levels of the mental body, then Brahman Consciousness dawns.
Healing the Mental Body
In energy healing we allow the attention to concisely focus into a particular area that needs attention. Healing often means softening up the belief systems in the mental body. We focus on issues being held in the deep levels of the mental body itself. Issues like—
- troublesome belief systems
- fear, habits and vicious cycles
- habits in the mental body of expecting experiences to be uncomfortable
- needed clearing of contracts, agreements, vows, promises, covenants, etc.
This energy healing process is like pealing off layers of an onion’s skin. You peal off some layers, and then there are some more layers underneath. Sometimes we keep looping back to the same themes – “I don’t deserve,” “I’m unworthy,” “I’m not good enough,” “I’m not going to use it well.”
Maybe its wealth that we don’t feel we use well. Maybe a past life thinks that, so now the past-life thought comes in as a kind of unconscious impulse. We just let that go. We release this “I don’t deserve,” “I’m not responsible enough to use the wealth well.”
All this baggage and more can be being cleared from the mental body, as well as from a lot of different areas.
A Deeper Understanding of the role of Energy Healing in Creating Health
- Gain deeper insights into the role of energy healing in creating and maintaining a healthy mind and body—Dorothy’s description of energy work as a form of Transformational Healing.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Dorothy’s description of Remote Healing through Consciousness.