Digestion and the Digestive System—Processing Experience
Digestion represents the ability to process experience. The foods we eat are Nature’s experience packaged as intelligence. The conversion of sunlight into energy expresses the supreme elegance of the manifesting process.
When we eat, plant or animals products, doesn’t matter, we are essentially benefiting from the original conversion of sunlight into energy. Photosynthesis is a delightfully concise encodement of the Divine Dialogue.
For those new to the term Divine Dialogue, this is the term which I use to describe the folding of unmanifest consciousness into its own nature in order to evolve as manifested form. The mechanics of all transformations are contained in this process, including the transformation carried out by the Calvin cycle in photosynthesis.
The photons which play such a vital role in the plant’s energy production are ancient expressions of cosmic information. They communicate with the apple tree in the universal language of perception and experience. The apple represents a compacted version of the tree’s experience over the course of a single season. By eating the apple, we add the tree’s experience of the universe to our own, thus expanding our own perception of the ebb and flow of cosmic reality.
So food starts as neat packages of cosmic reality. Eating breaks it down into ever smaller pieces. The process through which food travels in the body is intimately linked to the functions of the MahaMarmas. It can also be correlated with the Hero’s Journey. This archetypal story transcends the boundaries of culture and time, to give expression to the Divine Dialogue in a way which is readily understood, by even the very young.
The Hero’s Journey Correlated with the Digestive Process
- We start the hero’s journey with the hero at home, comfortable, with a bright future ahead of him. This represents the food before it enters the body.
- The hero is cast out of his happy home and finds himself in unknown territory. The response in this situation is to become hyper alert, so as to determine the laws of the new situation. This point in the story correlates with the mouth, which is hyper sensitive.
- Soon after, the vision of the journey is revealed. This step correlates with the passage of food through the throat where two important organs reside. The vocal mechanism is the origin of speech. Speech creates order from chaos, which is precisely what is needed when starting a journey into the ‘unknown.’ The other organ is the thyroid, which monitors the digestive system and provides support in the form of digestive hormones. This forward vision reveals the details of the journey.
- As the food passes through the esophagus it also passes through the heart center of the body. This is the home of understanding for the whole body. This area correlates with the part of the story where the hero makes contact with an allay who brings understanding. They give the gift of wisdom. They also often offer some sort of magic object which empowers the hero. These gifts correspond to the digestive enzymes, hormones, and digestive juices. These represent the power of the digestive process. Wisdom leads to power.
- The lower digestive system represents the critical point in the journey where the hero comes to the ‘gate’ of transition. Every step of his journey up to this point involves letting go of previous understanding of himself. He has stripped away superficialities, until he is left with essential self. In the gut, the food is stripped apart, essential nutrients kept, waste eliminated. The gut sorts and organizes. It is important the nutrients pass from alimentary canal to the circulatory system here. It is a portal or gate. In the hero’s journey the portal is protected by a monster of some kind, usually a dragon. The small and large intestines look like a snake. Over coming this opponent allows the hero to pass into the final phase of his journey where he meets his greatest fear.
The Maha Marmas
The Shiro Maha Marma – found in the head – orients awareness toward the environment.
The first experience of the food is that of it being something separate from oneself, something coming from the environment. In this area of the body, the food is still experienced as something separate from the body and an expression of that which is as yet unknown. Mouth organs must deal with the unknown, which can elicit a fear response. The bliss of eating helps cultivate the ability to embrace the unknown as a vehicle for growth.
The Hridaya Maha Marma – found in the chest – balances inner and outer reality.
The food breaks down through chemical processes in the upper digestive tract by interacting with hormones and enzymes. Hormones and enzymes are the body’s self-communicators. Our initial and conscious reactions to life experience are expressed at this level of the digestive process. Most people can still feel food in the stomach for instance. In the upper digestive tract there is an exchange of feeling with the food.
The Basti Maha Marma – found in the lower abdomen – integrates outer and inner reality.
The gut is sometimes called the Second Brain. The function of the gut is to process abstract awareness. The gut is the seat of body’s microbiome which is a collective of bacteria which outnumber the cells in the body ten to one.
This is the area of our body where we interface individuality with collective reality. Think of gut feelings, another term for intuition. This is where the food becomes so fine, in the form of molecules and atoms, which it transforms from being experiences as separate from the body to being of the body.
The significance of the transformation which takes place in the gut cannot be overstated. Every time we digest anything, we participate in a process which integrates universal intelligence with individual intelligence.
The average person takes about 100 bites of food a day. In 80 years one takes nearly three million bites of food. So, whether a person is dedicated to the spiritual pursuit of becoming one with the Whole of Creation or not, simply living in a human body ensures participation in an exercise of connecting individuality with universality. This is one reason that a human body is such a precious gift and so highly coveted.
Direct experience follows this same pattern. Right? At any moment the whole universe presents itself for our examination. The mind analyses and synthesizes experience into small enough segments that we can understand our lives, keeping what is useful and eliminating the rest.
Energy Healing to Culture Digestion
A problem with digestion is an indication that we are having trouble metabolizing life experience in some way. Almost always this is due to beliefs which disallow proper understanding and handling of challenges. Whichever part of the digestive system is afflicted will correlate with the area of life where there is a problem understanding or integrating experience.
For instance, if a person’s mouth, throat, thyroid, or esophagus is afflicted, this indicates a problem in the acceptance of life experience as it presents itself through relative experience. Another example, if the organs, liver, gall bladder, stomach, pancreas or duodenum are afflicted this indicates problems working out understanding of emotional content. If the gut is afflicted, this indicates a problem with the interface between individuality and universality.
These connections are general starting points. However, each person’s situation is unique. Under these general guidelines there are specific situations and circumstances which will apply. Through energy healing, the underlying beliefs, discordant feelings, habits and karma can be addressed to bring balance to the digestive process and stabilize a healthy relationship with food.
I offer this understanding to support your ability to focus attention intelligently so that real solutions can be successfully employed.
Free Energy Healing for Digestion
How to Heal Your Gut with Loving Attention – Easy, Fast, Effective
Free Energy Healing for the Mouth to Help Digestion
Healing for the Gut and Earth’s Mineralogical Intelligences
Additional Energy Healing with Dorothy
Heal your digestion at home for free with this Powerful Energy Healing Exercise.
To work more closely with Dorothy to improve your digestive abilities, you can also access the Digestive Mastery Distance Energy Work Session.